Monday, March 1, 2010

Tuesday, February 23rd

After two days out of the classroom, today was a bit of a jumbled game of catch up for me. Parent teacher conferences take place at the end of this week, and with little time to spare I devoted every free moment of today to ensuring that I had all of the persuasive papers corrected... not an easy feat.

The kids seemed to do pretty well with the persuasive papers overall. Some didn't hand in a paper at all, some didn't put forth the effort to make sure that their preparatory steps were taking care of, and unfortunately they lost points for this. I put a lot of emphasis on time management with this assignment as I required the students to have certain pieces of the assignment completed by certain dates. This worked well for some students, challenged some, and defeated others.


No comments:

Post a Comment