Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tuesday February 9th

Today I explained all of the criteria for our persuasive writing unit. I'm having the kids construct a two page persuasive paper. They need to create an outline, develop a working thesis which includes three reasons to support their argument, find three resources, learn to make a works cited page to document these sources, and then present an overview of their papers in a one minute presentation.

You should have seen the jaws drop as I walked through the requirements for this assignment. I just may have gone a bit too far with this one... but then again I thought the same things with the 6 page journaling assignment and I was happily surprised to see that most of the students were willing to meet the challenge. We shall see what ensues...

No comments:

Post a Comment